To use Installation Cloud for NGFW initial configuration, follow the steps below:
- Order the NGFW appliances and/or licenses.
- In case you have multiple NGFW appliances and you intend to use the Installation Cloud-based deployment, collect list of appliance POS codes (Proof of Serial).
- Log in to the License Center with your SMC POL code and register the NGFW appliances for Installation Cloud service:
- Select Register your appliances for Plug & Play installation on NGFW Installation Cloud.
- Enter your Appliance POS codes and your contact information.
- Submit the registration.
- Create the engine elements in SMC. You must enter the Proof-of-Serial code on new NGFW appliances when you use plug-and-play installation. You can do either of the following:
- Run the Multiple Single Firewalls wizard and utilize the POS list collected.
- Create the elements one by one. You will need to add the POS code to engine element General -tab here before first time saving the element, after which the Proof-of-Serial field no longer is modifiable.
Note You can also define the initial policy name as part of initial configuration.
- Upload the initial configuration to Installation Cloud from the Save Initial Configuration dialog.
- After you publish the initial configuration, power up the NGFW appliance.
- The NGFW appliance automatically connects to the Installation Cloud and receives its initial configuration and contacts the SMC.
- After the initial contact is made, SMC will push the predefined policy to the NGFW appliance automatically.
If you encounter any issues related to Installation Cloud deployments, open the SMC and select File
> System Tools
> View Appliance Configuration Status
Technical Support also has access to view the configuration status for all customer deployments through the Installation Cloud.
Keywords: ngfw; cloud ngfw installation; plug-and-play installation; cloud deployments; ngfw configuration;