Not able to connect to Sonicwall VPN with Direct Connect Endpoint installed
- Article Number: 000017715
- Products: Forcepoint One Endpoint, Forcepoint Web Security, Forcepoint Web Security Cloud, Forcepoint Web Security Endpoint, Forcepoint Web Security Endpoint Cloud
- Version: All versions, 8.5, 8.4, 20, 19, 18
- Last Published Date: June 30, 2020
When connecting to SonicWALL VPN using SonicWALL Mobile Connect Windows application (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/sonicwall-mobile-connect/9wzdncrdsfkz?activetab=pivot:overviewtab) with Direct Connect Endpoint (DCEP) installed, users get following error.
"Cannot connect to Office
Unable to connect to the server: <server name>. A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host."
The error occurs only when using the Direct Connect Endpoint. The Proxy Connect Endpoint works without any configuration.
It can be resolved with the following configuration.
1. Add the following application in the Web > Settings > Endpoint > Endpoint Bypass.
MobileConnectVpnPluginApp.exe2. Configure the proxy settings in the SonicWALL Mobile Connect to "Automatically detect settings".
For additional information regarding Endpoint Application Bypass, review:
a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host, Unable to connect to server; dcep; pcep; endpoint; vpn; coexistence; sonic wall; office; integration; interoperability; bypass